- Care Quality Commission (CQC) Inspection
- Catchment Area
- Disabled Access
- GP Sessions
- Home Visits
- How to Join the Practice
- How To Make An Appointment
- How to Obtain Test Results
- Infection Prevention and Control Statement
- Making a Complaint
- Named Accountable GP
- Patient Confidentiality
- Practice and Patient Charter
- Practice Opening Times
- Privacy Notices
- Removal from the Practice List
- Text Messaging Service
- Training Days
- What to do if the Surgery is Closed
- Zero Tolerance Policy
Choose and Book Referrals
In the past when your Doctor referred you to a specialist, the appointment was arranged by the hospital and sent to you by post. Choose & Book is a service that has been introduced across England that allows you to choose which hospital you would like to be referred to and book an appointment with a specialist. You can find out more information at www.nhs.uk/yourrightstochoice. We will provide you with the appointment information which will include a Booking Reference Number and a password. The appointment information will also include a telephone number you can ring to discuss the choice of hospitals that you have. You can then choose date and time convenient to you. Confirmation of this appointment will be sent to you in the post from the hospital .
For the patients own expediency they may wish to make their own appointments to see a Specialist privately that the GP has recommended. Some telephone numbers are listed below. The patients must ensure that the secretaries are informed of the date of their appointment and the name of the Consultant that they are seeing, so that a referral letter can be sent.
If an appointment is obtained at very short notice it may not be possible for the Doctor to provide a referral letter in the time available – the patient should be made aware of this.
- The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital, Chester 01244 684325
- Spire Cheshire Hospital, Stretton, Warrington 0845 602 2500
- Spire Murrayfield, Wirral 0151 929 5181
- BMI The Alexandra Hospital, Cheadle 0161 428 3656
Services requiring a GP Referral
Services which are not run by the practice but are available in the area and require a GP referral are:
Dietician Counselling Podiatry (Chiropody)
Physiotherapist Mental Health Teenagers Clinic
When your Doctor refers you for an x-ray, you can choose to attend either The Countess of Chester Hospital or Halton General Hospital.
The Countess of Chester Hospital – Appointment only
No open access system) Telephone No. 01244 363043.
- The referral from the GP is sent electronically
- You will need to ring to make your appoinment-Monday to Friday 9.00am–12 noon or 2.00pm–4.30pm.
- The department is open for attendance for x-ray – Monday to Friday 9.30am–5.00pm
Halton General Hospital (open access system)
Telephone No. 01928 714567 Ext 3259
- Your GP will give you a completed form at your consulation for you to take along to the X-Ray department.
- The X-Ray Department is open Monday to Friday 8.00am–5.00pm, Tuesday 8.00am to 8.00pm, Saturday 9.00am–12 Noon.